The Trades Union Congress
– Brings Britains unions together to draw up common policies
– Lobbies the Government to implement policies that will benefit people at work
– Campaigns on economic and social issues
– Represents working people on public bodies
– Represents British workers in international bodies, in the European Union and at the UN employment body the ILO
– Carries out research on employment – related issues
– Runs an extensive training and education programme for union representatives
– Helps unions develop new services for their members
– Helps unions avoid clashes with each other
– Builds links with other trade union bodies worldwide
The TUC is the voice of Britain at work. With 70 affiliated unions representing nearly seven million working people from all walks of life, we campaign for a fair deal at work and for social justice at home and abroad.
The TUC negotiates in Europe, and at home builds links with political parties, business, local communities and wider society.
The TUC website address is www.tuc.org.uk
By visiting the site, you will find information about all aspects of trade union activities and affiliated trade unions.
And here is a link to the WorkSmart site that explains basic rights at work